Your Smile Will Sparkle with Teeth Cleaning Tartar Removal
One thing is for sure: Your teeth feel amazing after a routine dental cleaning. But that’s not all. Your smile will be brighter because you’ll feel confident that your teeth look their best. If you live in the areas of Middletown, Anderson, Pendleton, and Muncie, Dr. Jonathan Titus and his team are here to give you the best care in town.
Why Routine Dental Cleanings, Tartar Removal, and Checkups Are Important
Daily brushing and flossing are important, but brushing and flossing alone doesn’t remove tartar. Tartar is plaque that has hardened on your teeth and can only be removed with a professional dental cleaning in a dentist’s office.
Plaque builds up and turns to tartar in areas of the mouth that are hard to access with a regular toothbrush and dental floss. Also, when your teeth are cleaned, the dentist will examine your fillings, check for cavities, and do an oral cancer screening.
The Routine Dental Cleaning Process
When you go to the dentist to clean your teeth, you can expect this.
- Physical examination: Your entire mouth will be thoroughly examined using a mirror to check for any problem areas.
- Tartar and plaque removal: The dental team will use a scaler to remove plaque and tartar between your teeth and around your gum line.
- Cleaning with gritty toothpaste: Once the dental care team has removed the tartar and plaque, they will brush your teeth with gritty toothpaste. This will polish your teeth until they’re gorgeously clean.
- Expert flossing: Once your teeth have been brushed, the dental team will thoroughly floss your teeth.
- Full rinsing to remove debris: The final rinse is with a liquid fluoride treatment that will remove any remaining residue from your mouth.
- Fluoride treatment applied: Last, the dental care team will apply a fluoride treatment to your teeth.
Teeth Cleaning Tartar Removal Middletown Indiana
Whether you need a routine cleaning or deep cleaning, Dr. Jonathan Titus and the team at Titus Dentistry are here to serve you if you live in Middletown, Indiana. Call us at (765) 358-5868 or request an appointment online.
Share this Article
Back to Dental Exams and Cleaning Page