Restore your smile in one visit with same-day dental crowns in Middletown, IN
Dental crowns have been around for many decades as a way to restore the appearance, strength, and functionality of damaged teeth. If you have had a dental crown in the past, it may have required multiple visits to the dentist’s office and a temporary crown that you had to be quite careful with. Luckily, dental technology has come a long way in recent years, allowing us to now offer patients same-day crowns. At Titus Dentistry in Middletown, IN, we utilize CEREC technology to place dental crowns in just a single visit. To learn more about this advanced technology, we encourage you to give us a call today.
Reasons for dental crowns
Dental crowns are a common dental restoration that many individuals may require at some point in their life. Dental crowns are versatile, affordable, and effective, making them the ideal solution to a wide range of common dental issues such as:
- Teeth that have cracked or fractured
- A tooth that is weak due to extensive decay
- Teeth that are worn down
- When a tooth requires a large filling
- To anchor a dental bridge for missing teeth
- To protect and restore function to a tooth following a root canal
- To aesthetically enhance a misshapen tooth
- To place on top of a dental implant
How CEREC same-day crowns work
CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. Essentially, that means we can design and fabricate a high-quality ceramic restoration quickly in the office utilizing advanced dental technologies.
Using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM) technology, we can virtually design a restoration without having to take physical impressions. We then use an in-office milling unit and high-quality ceramic material to produce your restoration while you wait in the dental chair.
The first step in the CEREC process is to take digital images of the tooth that is then turned into a model of your restoration. The specifications for the model are then sent to the milling machine to create a custom-fit crown that looks and feels natural. The crown is then bonded into place and polished to complete your restoration.
Benefits of CEREC same-day crowns
In addition to eliminating a second visit to the dentist office and the frustration of a temporary crown, there are many advantages to CEREC crowns including:
- With proper oral care and hygiene, CEREC dental crowns can last just as long as conventional dental crowns.
- The precise nature of the CAD/CAM software often means less refitting than conventional dental crowns.
- It does not require ill tasting dental molds.
- The material can be adjusted to match the natural shade of adjacent healthy teeth.
In most cases, CEREC dental crowns can be used any time a conventional crown would have been recommended.
Want to learn more? Call us today!
If you are in the Middletown, IN area, and would like to learn more about CEREC dental crowns and how they can benefit your smile, we invite you to call Titus Dentistry today at (765) 358-5868 to book an appointment.