Rejuvenate Your Smile with Professional Dental Cleaning
Routine dental cleanings provide thorough plaque removal from your teeth and can help prevent oral conditions like gum disease and tooth decay. This is why Dr. Jonanthan Titus with Titus Dentistry says it’s essential to visit our office at least twice a year for a professional dental cleaning.
What Makes Professional Cleanings and Dental Exams Such a Big Deal?
With the hustle and bustle of everyday life, taking the time to care for ourselves properly can be a challenge, especially when scheduling appointments to see our dentist.
However, by spending a few minutes a couple of times per year to receive a routine dental cleaning and exam, you can save yourself from future discomfort, time in the dental chair, and more expensive and invasive treatments.
What You Can Expect with a Routine Dental Cleaning and Exam
Routine cleanings and exams are very low-stress procedures designed to help keep your oral health in tip-top shape. Here’s what the average exam will look like.
- Dr. Titus conducts a visual exam of your gums, teeth, and other oral structures in search of any signs of gum disease, decay, or other issues.
- He may ask your dental hygienist to take a few dental X-rays should he wish to take a closer look at inner oral structures that are impossible to see with the naked eye.
- Then, your hygienist will conduct professional teeth cleaning using special instruments designed for removing plaque and hardened tartar that you can’t remove by flossing and brushing alone.
- We then polish your teeth using gritty toothpaste. This helps polish and whiten your teeth, giving them a brilliant pearly white shine. Plus, it diminishes the surface area that plaque and bacteria often occupy.
- Last, we floss between your gums and teeth to clean out any remaining matter, toothpaste, or bacteria before thoroughly rinsing your mouth with fresh water.
A Clean Mouth is a Happy Mouth
Take care of your smile while preventing more significant issues down the road. Call Titus Dentistry today to schedule your appointment with Dr. Titus. Our phone number is (765) 358-5868, and our address is 705 Norfleet Drive W, Middletown, Indiana 47356.