Consider Laser Treatment for Gum Disease for Healthier Teeth and Gums
Gum disease affects more than just your smile. When you suffer from gum disease, it has a profound impact on your overall health. People in Middletown, Indiana, have more options than ever for treating gum disease. With laser treatment, gum disease can be addressed.
What Is Periodontitis?
Gum disease (periodontitis) infects the gums when the growth of bacteria isn’t treated. Most of the time, gum disease is caused by poor oral hygiene, and the plaque and tartar must be removed from the teeth and gums, along with the area below the gum line. To remove this plaque and tartar, deep cleaning is usually needed.
These are some of the symptoms of gum disease:
- Red or inflamed gums
- Swollen gums
- Bad breath
- Bleeding when flossing and brushing
- Pus buildup surrounding the teeth
Treatment for Gum Disease Is Essential
Patients who don’t receive treatment for their gum disease can lose their remaining teeth. Gum disease destroys the gum tissue that holds teeth firmly in place, and gum disease has been linked to other serious illnesses, including heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, and even cancer.
There are three levels of periodontal disease.
- Gingivitis: By itself, gingivitis isn’t gum disease. However, it precedes the more advanced gum disease stages.
- Periodontitis: This stage of gum disease occurs when infection and inflammation spread to the bones that support your natural teeth. Eventually, these teeth can become loose.
- Advanced Periodontitis: When advanced gum disease begins, the pockets around the teeth start to fill with puss, resulting in bone loss.
Non-Surgical Gum Disease Treatment with Laser
Dr. Jonathan Titus and his team are prepared to help sufferers of gum disease with laser treatment. When gum disease is caught early, laser therapy can keep the condition from progressing further to more advanced stages.
Laser Treatment for Gum Disease Middletown Indiana
If you’re looking for treatment or a gum inflammation cure, contact us today. Dr. Jonathan Titus and the team at Titus Dentistry are here to serve patients in Middletown, Anderson, Pendleton, and Muncie. Call us at (765) 358-5868 or request an appointment online.
Share this Article
Back to Periodontal Therapy Page