Living with Missing Teeth
Your teeth play an important role in eating, smiling, speaking, and maintaining oral and overall health. Your teeth were designed to work as a team. When one or more go missing, you’ll feel the effects in your mouth and body. By replacing missing teeth with implants, you can avoid oral and general health consequences prompted by the lost natural teeth. At Titus Dentistry, serving Anderson, Pendleton, Muncie, and Middletown, Indiana, Dr. Jonathan Titus offers low-cost dental implants for seniors as a restorative treatment for lost teeth.
Health Consequences of Missing Teeth
There are consequences to living with missing teeth which can be prevented with restorative dental treatment. Tooth loss can lead to:
- Malnutrition – due to difficulty chewing, which can restrict what you can eat. As a result, you miss out on healthy foods that make up a balanced diet
- Sickness and disease – due to poor nutrition, weight loss, body weakness, and a weakened immune system can result
- Jawbone resorption – due to lack of bone stimulation. This can cause you to lose jaw and facial support, resulting in sagging facial features
- Misaligned teeth – as remaining teeth shift to fill the gap left by lost teeth. This can cause bite problems, loss of tooth support, and overcrowding
- Decay and periodontal disease – due to difficulty in keeping misaligned teeth clean. Gum disease increases your risk of developing medical issues like cancer, diabetes, heart problems, and Alzheimer’s disease
Dental implants offer a solution to these and other oral and general health issues.
Dental Implant Solutions
Dental implants can restore your ability to eat healthy meals to sustain your health, weight, and a strong immune system. Implants prevent jawbone deterioration, keep teeth in alignment and simplify dental hygiene to preserve your oral health. Implants can last a lifetime, making them a cost-effective restorative treatment. They’re easy to maintain and exude an attractive, natural-looking appearance to enhance your smile. These and other features make implants a win-win option for replacing lost teeth.
Share this Article
Back to Dental Implants Page