Denture Care Tips to Extend the Life of Your Oral Appliances
Dentures from Titus Dentistry are a viable option to complete your smile and oral functionality if you are missing teeth. From the moment you start wearing your dentures, you can eat properly, speak better, and smile with confidence.
Unfortunately, dentures have downsides, especially if you don’t take proper care of them. Dentures can become a breeding ground for bacteria without appropriate maintenance, putting your oral health at risk. Also, neglecting special care for your dentures shortens the life of your appliances, placing an unnecessary dent in your pocket. Thankfully, you can harness the power of your dentures by following the care tips below:
- Clean your dentures once a day: Besides rinsing your dentures in clean water after eating, brush your dentures daily with denture cleaner, antibacterial soap, or dish detergent — avoid toothpaste since it’s abrasive.
- Remove dentures at night: Wearing dentures, 24/7 can quicken your bone loss and increase the risk of dental disease. Remove your dentures while sleeping and soak them in water or an alkaline solution.
- Visit a dentist regularly: Want to extend the mileage of your dentures? If nodding in agreement, please schedule regular appointments with Dr. Jonathan Titus. A dentist can address any cracks and other flaws immediately you see them, avoiding costly repairs or even replacements. Besides, if your dentures aren’t fitting correctly than normal, see a dentist immediately. A denture reline may be necessary, deterring you from investing in a whole set of new dentures.
- Be gentle: While dentures are rigid, they are vulnerable to breakages if not handled with care. Avoid dropping your dentures, especially when cleaning them.
- Observe diligent oral hygiene: Just because you don’t have teeth or have just a few remaining, it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t clean your mouth. Brush your gums and tongue to keep bacteria and other microbes away from your dentures and mouth.
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
Want to learn more about dentures? Want to replace your missing teeth with dentures in Muncie, IN? If you answered yes to any of these questions, please dial (765) 358-5868 to book an appointment with Titus Dentistry.