In the past, if you were missing teeth, the only option to replace them was dentures or dental bridges. Luckily, dental technology has advanced and there are now tooth replacement options that are extremely close in functionality to natural teeth. Dental implants are the gold standard for missing teeth, replacing both the root below the gum tissue and the crown of the tooth. At Titus Dentistry in Middletown, IN, we offer dental implants that are highly customizable in order to give you a smile that looks and feels great.
Watch Dental Implant Technology - Middletown | Titus Dentistry
All about dental implants at Titus Dentistry explained by Dr. Jonathan W. Titus
What is a dental implant?
For patients who need tooth replacement options, often the most ideal, option is what’s known as a dental implant.
Dental implants are a way for us to replace teeth on an individual basis without involving the teeth next to them.
How are implants placed at Titus Dentistry?
A dental implant consists of a titanium post that replaces the tooth root of the missing tooth. An abutment gets attached to that post, and then a crown goes on top.
Implants are typically a quick and minimally invasive procedure. At our office at Titus Dentistry, we use a procedure known as a guided surgery.
We will take a 3D x-ray of your jaw, as well as a 3D scan of your teeth. Then by merging those two images, we design the final restoration.
Are dental implants painful?
Patients are sometimes apprehensive about having dental implants placed. But most of them, after the procedure, can’t believe it was that quick and easy.
Benefits of Dental Implants
There are many reasons to choose dental implants to replace missing teeth. Some of the biggest benefits are:
- Longevity and Stability – Once dental implants are in place; the jawbone will fuse around the restoration creating a stable foundation for the tooth replacement that can last a lifetime.
- High Functionality – Because dental implants closely mimic the natural tooth root, patients can bite and chew food just like they normally would. No more fear of the dentures moving around or even falling out of place while eating.
- High Success Rate – Dental implants have the highest success rate of any tooth restoration – up to 98.5 percent. You can rest assured that your dental implants are designed to withstand the test of time.
- No Special Care – Once the implant site has healed and the final restoration is attached, there is no need for any special care for the implants. All you must do is brush twice a day and floss daily like you do with natural teeth.
- Improved Oral Health – Unlike other solutions which may require alteration to healthy teeth, dental implants are a stand-alone solution. In addition, dental implants stimulate the jawbone so that it does not deteriorate in the area near the lost tooth.
Dental implants are titanium roots that are replaced within the jaw bones to resemble a tooth or a group of teeth. A screw is inserted through the gums and into the jaw bone. A porcelain crown is then attached to the screw to become the new tooth or teeth. They can be used to support dental prestices including crowns, dentures and bridges. Today’s treatments are so natural looking no one will know you had surgery. There is approximately a 95 percent success rate for all implants with modern advancements in dentistry some implants can be restored immediately with life like all porcelain crowns. For more details ask your dentist.
Find out if you are a candidate for dental implants
Missing teeth doesn’t have to be the final chapter in your smile’s story. Find out if you are a candidate for dental implants by calling Titus Dentistry today at (765) 358-5868 to book your appointment.