In the past, if you were missing teeth, the only option to replace them was dentures or dental bridges. Luckily, dental technology has advanced and there are now tooth replacement options that are extremely close in functionality to natural teeth. Dental implants are the gold standard for missing teeth, replacing both the root below the gum tissue and the crown of the tooth. At Titus Dentistry in Middletown, IN, we offer dental implants that are highly customizable in order to give you a smile that looks and feels great.
Benefits of Dental Implants
There are many reasons to choose dental implants to replace missing teeth. Some of the biggest benefits are:
- Longevity and Stability – Once dental implants are in place; the jawbone will fuse around the restoration creating a stable foundation for the tooth replacement that can last a lifetime.
- High Functionality – Because dental implants closely mimic the natural tooth root, patients can bite and chew food just like they normally would. No more fear of the dentures moving around or even falling out of place while eating.
- High Success Rate – Dental implants have the highest success rate of any tooth restoration – up to 98.5 percent. You can rest assured that your dental implants are designed to withstand the test of time.
- No Special Care – Once the implant site has healed and the final restoration is attached, there is no need for any special care for the implants. All you must do is brush twice a day and floss daily like you do with natural teeth.
- Improved Oral Health – Unlike other solutions which may require alteration to healthy teeth, dental implants are a stand-alone solution. In addition, dental implants stimulate the jawbone so that it does not deteriorate in the area near the lost tooth.
Find out if you are a candidate for dental implants
Missing teeth doesn’t have to be the final chapter in your smile’s story. Find out if you are a candidate for dental implants by calling Titus Dentistry today at (765) 358-5868 to book your appointment.